Yours Outdoors is very pleased to be re-opening but we will do so slowly and with much care for your safety. We are working with our experience providers, leaders and guides to develop the appropriate COVID protocols to insure your adventures will be safe. Most of our adventures are outside and involve small group activities. They are also well suited social circles, family units, friend bubbles, couples, and solo travelers. We will be following the guidelines of the Public Health Agency of Canada, Ontario Government, and various adventure organizations. The protocols for all of our experiences will be reviewed and approved by our local health unit. Please note that adventure is subject to cancellation if deemed unsafe to participate due to COVID regulations at that time. Here are the protocols that apply to all of our programs:
- Physical distancing, keeping at least 2 m between each person, will be mandatory.
- Equipment will be washed and disinfected before each use where possible
- Hand sanitizer will be provided on-site as well. Please wash your hands before and after each experience, if possible.
- Our staff, experience leaders, and our customers will practice respiratory etiquette during the experience. Examples of respiratory etiquette include; cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm, or wearing a face mask when social distancing is not possible.
- Yours Outdoors is unable to provide transportation at this time. You will drive your own vehicle the activity location(s)
- All classes have a maximum limit of 10 people, including the experience leader(s)
- Customer contact information will be kept on file to facilitate contact tracing
- Payments to be via e-transfer or PayPal
- Waivers to be complete in advance of the experience - online or scanned/emailed.
- All customers will be required to answer the following questions found in the medical form prior to the experience. If you answer 'Yes' to any of the questions with the exception of the last one you will not be able to participate in the experience. Full refunds will be provided.
- Do you have a fever (temperature of 37.8 oC or higher) OR any new/worsening symptoms including cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, hoarse voice, runny nose, stuffy or congested nose, lost sense of taste or smell, digestive issues such as nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain? Other symptoms may include fatigue, falling down more than usual, chills, headache. ☐ Yes ☐ No
- Has someone you are in close contact tested positive for COVID-19? ☐ Yes ☐ No
- Are you in close contact with a person who is sick with new respiratory symptoms (e.g.,cough, difficulty breathing) or who recently travelled outside of Canada? ☐ Yes ☐ No
- Have you travelled outside of Ontario within the last 14 days? ☐ Yes ☐ No
- Have you been tested recently for COVID 19? ☐ Yes ☐ No. If yes, on what date?
You will be asked these questions again at the beginning of your experience. If you develop new symptoms please contact your local Health Unit.
Each experience we offer may have specific protocols due to the circumstances. Here is an example -Foraging for Wild Edible Mushrooms - Please bring a mask. There will be times when we can’t maintain a 2 metre distance when we are looking at the finer characteristics and habitat of a mushroom.
The protocols are subject to change as more information and direction from government and health agencies become available