Ready to try winter camping? Join the Land Canadian Adventures team to learn the fundamental principles of winter camping on this introductory backcountry snowshoe trek in the majestic Haliburton Highlands! This three day two night trek will traverse nine lakes in the Poker Lakes Loop between Carnarvon and Bracebridge, Ontario. We'll upgrade your skills with fire and food preparation training, hot tents and sleeping systems tips, transport and much more.
- Safely and swiftly navigate the Poker Lakes Loop of the Haliburton Highlands Water Trails Park
- Shelter building: hot tents, improvised shelters
- Tree, plant and tracking ID
- Ice fishing for panfish and trout
- Harvesting and processing firewood
- Fire skills
- Traveling and basecamping
- Ice safety
- Food planning and preparation
Excellent, homemade meal for lunch, snacks and evening meal on day one, all meals on day two plus breakfast and lunch on day two. Meals are always prepared with traditional foods from the area, with an emphasis on homegrown, organic and locally-sourced foods - Veggie options available.
The use of our expedition gear including:
- Tents (canvas prospector hot-tents)
- Kitchen (tarp, cooking stoves, dinnerware)
- Barrels and Wannigans for food and group equipment
All rates subject to HST. Yours Outdoors accepts cash, cheque, e-transfer, PayPal and online credit card payments via PayPal (Visa, MC, American Express).